Monday, December 3, 2012

2nd heart surgery I failed to mention

With everything going on I knew I would miss something.  Sunday when Dr. Pizzaro explained that Christian's heart rhytm was irregular he decided to go back in and put pacer wires to make his heart rate regular.  This was done at his bed side in the CICU, but he still had to reopen a little part Christian's chest and stick the wires in.  I do not know how this completely skipped my mind, but with everything going on that was an update I failed to mention. Obviously he did well and it is helping keep his heart rate up and not dropping to 80 like it was.  The wires are attached to a temporary "pace maker" to make the rhythm regular. After looking at the stats with this that is when the Dr explained that with all the complications with irregular rhythm and pumping function added to HLHS complete heart transplant was the best option for Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment