Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Every storm ends with a rainbow......

In this crazy life we are given tests, challenges, trials, etc. we are not given these because we are being punished, but because it is part of a bigger picture. Not just a picture, but a masterpiece. A masterpiece that God himself has painted for each one of us.

When we first found out about Christian I thought of every possible thing God could be punishing me for. Then BAM! I didn't think it could get worse and it did, the words heart transplant escaped the doctors mouth. What did I do, God? There is no way I deserve this, my son is innocent how can You do this to him. The rain kept falling on my little family and lightning kept striking. I saw no happy ending. I saw darkness. I saw pain. I saw hopelessness. I have never felt so alone as I did during the first few weeks of Christian's life. I was in this hurricane of a storm and where was God. No where to be found, He abandoned me. 

Here is the thing about God, He never abandons you. He will walk beside you, but you have to call out to Him, trust Him, and believe this is In His control. He will carry you through the storm, if you let him, but you must call out to Him. God never abandoned me, He needed me to put my full faith in His bigger picture. In His masterpiece. See God is still painting my masterpiece and I needed to realize that. It wasn't until I called out to Him that I needed a miracle that He preformed one. Each day the rain let up and the storm died down. Christian is progressing and rocking his half of a heart. He is my rainbow that came from my storm. He inspires me daily. What we went through was hard, it emotionally and physically took a toll, but the huge storm we endured gave us the prettiest rainbow. 

I encourage you when you have challenges, trials, test, not to ask the whys, but to trust that God is painting a masterpiece, your masterpiece. I promise that every bad thing we go through has a purpose and a plan for the overall big picture God has for your life. It isn't until you completely put your trust in God though, that He can give you a rainbow from your storm and finish painting your masterpiece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment