Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 10: Heart baby 4: Meet Miracle Mason




Meet Miracle Mason

This story is very dear to my heart because I have been friends with Mason's mom, Meagan since we were little kids. I have followed this little boy and all his journeys. He is such a happy boy and brings so much joy to those who know him.

Mason's Story:
My mommy and daddy were so excited to meet me, baby number 2. At the 20 weeks ultrasound their world was shattered. I was not ok, I was far from it. I had a congenital heart defect, cystic hygroma, and down syndrome. Mommy says all she saw was a black mass as my heart, no chambers, but a small chamber. The doctors told my parents I would not survive, in fact they had never seen a child with all three defects survive. They were told to wait I would pass in utero soon. What the doctors didn't know was I was special, a true miracle from God. Mommy and daddy were devastated and looked at the realities and started to prepare for my death.

I was born on April 22, 2011. The doctors gave my parents statistics and I had a 3% chance of survival. I wasn't going down without a fight. I beat the silly statistics! I wanted to meet my family and make memories with them.

The first year of my life I went through heart failure, open heart surgery, therapies, dairy allergies, and much more. It was a challenge for my parents, but they went through it with me and fought for me gracefully.

I am now 22 months old and doing wonderfully. I love playing with my big brother, Colby and am excited to meet my new sibling soon.

Please follow my mommy's blog and my facebook page
www.prayersformason.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/pages/Prayers-for-Mason
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment