Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11: Heart Baby # 5: Meet Little Angel Kennedy

 
Meet Little Angel Kennedy
 
My mommy and daddy went to a routine sonogram at the end of the first trimester and they found what they thought has a white dot on my heart which normally is a sign of Down syndrome.  A second Dr took a look and said no it wasn't, but mommy and daddy would need to go see Dr. Bhat at A.I. DuPont Children's Hospital. He is a cardiologist and he told my parents it wasn't Down syndrome; that white dot the previous doctors thought they saw was where my left ventricle should be.  I had HLHS, Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.

My mommy and daddy were given the options and chose a three part surgeries for me; their little angel.  They knew it was gonna be along hard road, but when they met with everyone that was gonna take care of me not to mention all the prayer surrounding my parents and I they knew it would be alright . I was born on May 3, 2012.  I have under gone three heart surgeries and both my diaphragms have been tacked down.  I also have a G-tube and a Nissen fonduplacation.  I am just went through the second of the 3 surgeries for HLHS, the Hemi Fontan (Glenn).  I was recently released, but I am now back in the hospital due to a fever.  Please pray for me, I want to go home and spend time with my family.  My mommy and daddy call me their little angel because I fight so hard and I will never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment